Friday, July 1, 2011

So What Happened? Story #2

Yeah...so I started the blog thing (at least) once before and it bombed when I was telling a rather simple tail of being completely overblown with "feelings" for someone for a rather long period of time (like...oh...2 years) and nothing ever having come of it.  I was giving this example to explain how when that space in our lives that is solely for THE relationship that you have with ONE other person is occupied, no one else can fit in it.  It may have been a whole 3-4 sentences about this one particular person and a few days after the initial posting, said person confronts me and says, "Am I the guy in your blog post?"  After I attempted (and failed) to get over the absolute embarrassment of the whole thing, I decided the blog had to come down.  I quickly realized that since only a few people (uh, him and like 3 other people) were reading it that I obviously felt too comfortable behind the keyboard and needed to get it all in check.  It is very hard to talk about yourself without...talking about yourself.  I have to keep some anonymity here, but at the same time balance the stories in a way that you'll be interested and come back for more.  I mean...what's the point if people aren't reading it (and right now, today, no one is reading this blog)?

So, this time...I don't care.  I don't care who reads it and I don't care if too much gets revealed.  This is about using my stories, which I've agreed to tell and then let go of, to entertain, make me and you feel good while hearing it and leave a lesson behind.

One of the things I've had to learn in my life is that giving too much consideration to what other's think, in general, and/or think of you can be incredibly stifling.  So, let's not do that.  Let's just go with it.  Let's not be afraid and let's tell our stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment