Thursday, June 30, 2011

I've Done This Before: Story #1

I started a blog some time ago at the absolute coercion of others.  People have been telling me for years that I should blog because I tend to tell the stories of my life in the most entertaining way.  The only problem with blogging is you don't get the full effect of...well, me.  I'm short, brown-headed, with big eyes and I don't smile much.  The smiling thing isn't on purpose.  It's just I need a good reason.  I am Southern, so I have an accent.  I typically talk with funny voices, exaggerations and will sometimes feel the need to act it out.  I'm a storyteller.  I can take something that happened in less than a minute and turn it into a 30-minute story.  I would say 99.99999% of what I tell in my stories is true.  That's the scary part...all this stuff happens to me.

My original blog, though short lived, had some serious history.  After--literally--years of being told I should blog about all my dating escapades, I finally did it.  I set up this cute little blog thing called "DC Dating Delirium" and I embarked on telling the stories of my dating life.  There will be plenty of stories about that, but the blog ended...boom!...because I got busted giving a little bit too much information.  Well, that'll learn ya!  So, I took it down, but I actually found it incredibly cathartic to talk about what happens in my little life.

Here's how you Make this Long Story Short...I'm in my late 30's.  I'm divorced.  I have a good job.  I live a simple life that is seriously the busiest thing on the planet.  I have dogs.  I love the smell of citrus and my favorite chore is doing the laundry.  Other than that...I'm just living out my life and turning it into one big story that I think isn't much different than what other people are doing...I just feel the need to write about it.

So, this is the start of some seriously storytelling, folks.  If you ever feel the need to tell a story, I certainly invite you to do so, but what you have to promise me is that once you do tell the story...you must let it go.  Stories are not who we are.  The stories that make up our lives are only there because our memory tells us so...and I'm not really sure what a "memory" really is...I mean, where do "memories" live?  In my mind?  Where's that?  I don't know, but I think stories should be entertaining.  They should make you feel good and they should teach a lesson.  So, tell your story...let it go...entertain us...feel great and leave a lesson behind.

Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment